As some of you know yesterday marked The Lucky Penny’s very first birthday and so it seemed only fitting to put together a compilation of your top five Lucky Penny posts!
1. Coming in at number one by a landslide is the Fuzzy Friday post, Milly vs Boo Boo for The Title of Worlds Smallest Dog! A tail (ha ha) of two tiny chihuahuas competing for the title of Worlds Smallest Dog. Although Boo Boo was the title holder at that time, Milly was definitely a threat, weighing in at only 5.99 ounces at three months old. A note to my readers, be sure to stop by for tomorrow’s Fuzzy Friday post as there is a new teeny tiny contender making serious headlines!!
2. In second place we have The Story of The Nails in The Fence-a tale about a father who teaches his son a very important lesson. He asks his son to hammer a nail into their fence every time he lost his temper and then after a few weeks, when the son seems to be improving, he has the boy pull out a nail for every day that the son was able to hold his temper. After every nail is removed, the fence now speckled with holes, shows the young boy that when we lose our temper and hurt others, even though we may take back what we did and ask forgiveness, the scars of those hurtful actions last forever.
3. In third place we have Valentines Day: A Collection of Classic Letters and Quotes About Love. This post has love letters from Lord Byron, James Joyce, Lewis Carrol, Robert Browning and Nathaniel Hawthorne as well as some unforgettable romantic quotes that will be sure to tug at your heartstrings!
4. In fourth place, the recipe for The Emerald Fizz seemed to be just what you were looking for when celebrating St. Patty’s Day this past year!! A simple vodka based cocktail that also includes a little soda water, lime, orange juice, mint and Midori resulting in a delicious and refreshing beverage that also glows with that desired emerald green color!
5. Coming in at number five, and one of my personal favorites, the inspirational story of A Thousand Marbles. This beautifully written story by Jeffrey Davis reminds us how easy it can be to lose perspective in our daily lives and how important it is to make the best out of each and every day we have left on this earth. Sometimes we need to really take a look at how precious our time is and one the characters in this eye opening story does just that. The older man decides to count the Saturday’s he estimates that he has left in his life, one marble at a time and by doing this he is constantly reminded to focus on, “the really important things in life.”
Well thanks again to all my readers for a great year and I can’t wait until this time next year to see what you thought was the best five Lucky Penny posts of the year to come!!